Do you have questions about the HSP Support Group and its activities? Find out more below.
What does the Group do?
The Group aims to encourage and support members and to assist research. We have recently provided grants to teams researching aspects of the condition and we regularly publish information about HSP and the Group to our members.
The Group provides various ways for members to keep up-to-date and communicate with each other:
- An Annual General Meeting featuring lectures by HSP specialists.
- Local Meetings are held twice a year in various locations.
- A Newsletters published to our members.
- Grants are provided to members to help with the purchase of mobility aids.
- Research Grants are provided in support of projects researching aspects of the condition.
- Facebook Group allowing members to share information and experiences.
Find out more on our benefits of joining page.
Where are members in the UK?
Members are in all areas of the UK. The distribution of members across areas is very varied, this is why meetings are held across the country.
What Grants are available to members?
We are keen to continue to support our members by providing grants to assist them in increasing their mobility by financing scooters or wheelchairs. Members who can’t get funding for the FES scheme should also contact us as we are keen to help with this. Check out our grants to members page.
How can I join the Group?
Anyone with an interest in HSP may join, that includes those with a diagnosis, their partners, families and those with an interest in the condition are welcome. Details and membership application forms are available on our How to Join page.
What events do you hold?
HSP Support Group runs a number of meetings and events across the country. Check out our events page to find your nearest meeting.