The Group aims to encourage and support members and to assist research. We have recently provided grants to teams researching aspects of the condition and we regularly publish information about HSP and the Group to our members.
The Group provides various ways for members to keep up-to-date and communicate with each other:
- An Annual General Meeting featuring lectures by HSP specialists.
- Regional Meetings are held twice a year in some of our regions.
- A Newsletters published to our members quarterly
- A telephone and e-mail Help Line service offering advice and support to members.
- Grants are provided to members to help with the purchase of mobility aids
- Research Grants are provided in support of projects researching aspects of the condition
- An e-mail discussion group system allows members to share information and experiences